1) Practice Gratitude. A grateful mindset exerts a powerful influence on your outlook. Not only does it make you feel good in the moment, it also shifts your focus in a positive direction and makes you worry less about anything that may be lacking.
2) Embrace Happiness. Being happy is not about circumstances or any other outside force. Happiness is a decision we make. Why not make up your mind to embrace happiness, starting now?
3) Replace Problems with Challenges. Subconsciously, the word problem says, ‘Life is not as it should be’. Seeing an experience as a challenge will focus our attention on a positive outcome.
4) Enjoy the Journey. A journey is an adventure of discovery. When we are on a journey we don’t fear change, we welcome it. We look forward to new and unfamiliar experiences. On a journey we are full of optimism because we are filled with the expectation of a wonderful adventure. This is the perfect attitude to carry with you every day.
5) Take Time to Smell the Roses. When you constantly feel rushed and scattered, it can be difficult to maintain an optimistic outlook. By pausing briefly to really taste your food or enjoy a beautiful piece of music, you remind yourself of the joy of simplicity.
6) Start the Day On a Positive Note. Find a few minutes each morning to clear your mind and then think positive thoughts about the upcoming day. Focus on the people and events that bring you joy or a sense of satisfaction. Now carry that feeling with you all day long.
7) Treasure Hunt. Make it a habit to actively search for the positive side of everything.With practice, you will be surprised how easy it becomes to see the not so obvious benefits and pleasures all around you.
8) Act Happy. You can use words and body language to program your nervous system. When you make a conscious effort to walk the walk and talk the talk, your feelings will soon follow. If you act like an optimistic person, your mind accepts that as your reality. Try it and see for yourself.
9) Keep Company With Positive People. The attitude of the people around us can be a powerful force for good or bad. Seek out the company of those with a sunny disposition and let yourself be influenced by their optimism.
10) Do A Nightly Gratitude Review. This is a great way to end your day. Before you go to bed think of at least three things that you are truly grateful for. Let yourself feel the joy that those things bring to your life.