Persistent mild fatigue or a chronic lack of energy due to day-to-day stressors or hectic schedules can affect your productivity. Help address fatigue or lack of energy by keeping your blood sugar levels stable, getting enough rest and exercise, and considering these supplements and herbs:
1. Magnesium and calcium. Oral magnesium supplementation has been shown to help reduce symptoms of fatigue, especially for those with low magnesium levels.
2. Coenzyme Q10. This vital nutrient is involved in cellular energy production throughout the body.
3. Cordyceps. A traditional Chinese medicinal fungus that may help fight fatigue and boost energy levels. It is used as an energizing tonic and to help increase aerobic capacity and endurance.
4. D-Ribose. A five-carbon sugar used in the generation of ATP (adenosine triphosphate), it helps maintain energy production in cells and can be especially beneficial for those with chronic fatigue.
5. Ginseng (American or Asian). Asian ginseng (Panax ginseng) and American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) are used for their stimulating and adaptogenic (stress-protective) properties, respectively.
6. Vitamin B complex. B-vitamins act as cofactors in many metabolic reactions and assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates into energy.
7. Probiotic. These good bacteria help your digestion to turn your food into energy.
8. Quit sugar and coffee. Although these may give you the illusion of a boos in energy, they are actually like living on credit and robbing you of your energy.